Saturday 11 January 2014

Hammer time

So yesterday's hastily written post did cause me to burn the fish fingers. Regrettably they were also still not cooked. We ate them whilst watching Arnie in Last Stand which was much better than expected.

I must report in today that I have spent an hour and a half in the swimming pool and an afternoon undertaking manual labour. The swimming was with a toddler so not as impressive as it could have been. I got serious man points by breaking up the fence panels that came down in the storm, fixing the shed, hauling massive objects out the ground, digging, planting trees, burning stuff etc.

At one point I had one foot balanced on a concrete fence post and the other on the back of a chair whilst hammering. I wasn't sure if I was being cool or acting as inspiration for an opening of an episode of Casualty.



Righty is still feeling like he could do with a holiday but not like needing a trip to the doctor so it's man up time old chap and don't spare the flexing.

I really fancy a run now but I have recently eaten a roast dinner. I don't think that it would be my finest of plans to indulge that whim.

No comments:

Post a Comment