Friday 17 January 2014

Chaffing pits

Well what a pickle. After an inspiring post written whilst strolling from my car to my office was wiped by iPhone trickery I've not managed to salvage any part of it. 

I set my alarm early this morning and then hallucinated for a while and seemed to gain consciousness in the swimming pool. I warmed up, limbered, did a couple of lengths then Dan arrived. We chatted and looked great for a while then got into some swimming. When I surfaced to say goodby to dan I had some useful feedback about pacing. The last I saw of him was a splashing figure heading down the swimming lane fading into a myopic fog of war. A sea lion like entity leapt out the other end before heading to the showers.

I then swam for an hour, not worrying about counting laps as that is boring because it disrupts whatever song or poem is rattling around my head. After the hour I stretched again and chatted to some chaps about the correct direction to rotate and hydrodynamics. This led into me doing some best effort 50m sprints or lengths where I held my breath for longer etc. this took place until I realised that one piece of peanut butter is not sufficient. Second breakfast was most good, most good.

I feel I am letting you down as this post isn't as exciting as it previously was and I'm now about to go for dinner but it shall have to suffice.

My armpits are chaffing now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment