Thursday 9 January 2014

Good Service

I write this while trying not to move too much as I seem to have misplaced the means to stop by burglar alarm and if I move too much I'll trigger the motion sensor again. Nicky home soon...

I am as excited as an electron moving to a higher energy orbital in an atom. I am incredibly impressed with Garmin and TheBikeCompany in Windsor.

Chums (possibly including you, thanks) clubbed together a couple of years ago to buy me a Garmin Forerunner 310XT. For those not in the know it is a GPS watch which can be paired with my bike to tell me how fast I pedal (cadence) and a heart rate monitor to monitor my heart rate (heart rate). It is waterproof and can record for up to 20 hours. My pride and joy recorded many hours of activity and I found it motivational knowing that any lack of effort would be visible to not only the whole world but also to a future version of me. Unfortunately it recently died in a manner too horrible to mention.

I called Garmin, paid £70, sent my old one back and was told I'd have to wait up to 14 days from when they received the unit. Two days later a brand new watch is awaiting my arrival when I get home. I look forward to recording some beastings and sharing them with you all to prove that I am actively trying to deflate the rubber ring that I have stuck around my middle. Compared to the original price tag I'm very pleased.

@TheBikeComany I couldn't rate higher. After I missed my scheduled fix up (floods!) I dropped the bike off to fit in if possible. Having been told the worst case scenario for needing new parts I was resigned but confident in leaving it in their hands. It was fixed up by the time I needed it and I had a good chat with the technician who informed me that it was extremely dirty and had been overtightened (thanks Halfords - idiots) but otherwise was good quality and good condition. No extra money for parts. What a change in the steering after the service and what a refreshing customer experience.

I took the bike for a half hour spin on arrival home and it was amazing. Incredible what I had been putting up with.

That on top of an hour swim today will compensate for the Chinese food craving that N had which I had to share.

So! Looking forward to a clear couple of hours to ride my bike and record the ride. I hope you are enjoying the blog, I'm still getting back into my blogging rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment