Wednesday 22 January 2014

Bloodshot

have decided that I will upgrade goggles but I'm going to get prescription lenses. If I wait till April I can claim that back through health insurance so till then I shall have to endure the misery of flooded goggles that occurs regularly in my swim. My left eye is bloodshot now which looks great. Another early start this morning saw me get to the pool not long after six. I accidentally put two pound coins in the locker so had to sort that drama out before I could swim. I warmed up then did 400m sets focusing on the bits I had identified as needing improvement from the coached session. High elbows to get a good pull, squeezing back as arm comes up behind and kicking from the hips were all on my watch list. I'm not sure I noticed much difference in saving energy till I realised that I was actually going faster. After an hour of that I did some of the drills as a bit of a warm down. On the way out I noticed their coffee machine. It claimed it was a real bean delight of a coffee for only £1.20 but I feel it was only mediocre so it won't be stealing my locker money each visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment