Tuesday 14 January 2014

Goggles, its a wonderful wife and no followers

I have a dilemma. Nothing to keep in a terrarium but certainly needs some looking after. I have been wearing my old goggles to the swimming pool (or oiik as I just typed) because I would inwardly mock myself for having all the gear and a distinct lack of idea if I were to wear my outdoor predators at my current girth and standard. They are beautiful things to wear but I don't really need the tint indoors and I'd rather save them for outdoor swimming. On the other hand I have to do a lot of fiddling around with the current pair to stop the swimming pool joining me eye balls. In what sort of time do I need to push out 500m to be able to justify ally kit?

Talking of timing my swim, my amazing wife announced to me today that in order to support my training effort (and possibly get me out the house) she will buy me membership to a triathlon club. A local club suggests that one should comfortably accomplish 400m in under 10 minutes front crawl to join. I tested that this evening and am happy to report there was no difficulty at all other than child swimming into me that causes any drama. They also want a 5k run in under 30 minutes with which I am happy.

Why is bake off involved in sports relief? Get fat then do sport?

Google told me today that I have no followers. Please follow me, it will boost my self esteem. Sponsorship and publicising this blog will also make all involved feel fuzzy inside.

3 comments:

  1. How do you follow? Also man up and buy a second pair of goggles that are the same, one pair training one pair race day. Does a lion lose sleep over the opinion if a goat?

    ReplyDelete