Monday 31 March 2014

It's official

I have a certificate, badge and most importantly a lanyard that says I am a Level 2 Mountain Bike leader.

I'm walking a bit funny today as the old calf muscle is feeling a bit brick like otherwise I'm good. The person who one the Brooklands half did it in 1:10... that is bonkers. A chap I was talking to afterwards (who finished in 1:39) told me that it isn't about having a runner's physique it is about having a runner's heart. I presume he is talking about blood flow and oxygen but the physique probably helps.

It's also official that I have been asked to do a makeup selfy thing. I heard on the news that polar bears have been doing well out of this as lots of people have been sending donation texts to a number with 'bare' but phones or poor spellers have been donating to 'bear'. loll.

 You can tell from the perfunctory nature of yesterday's post that I wasn't happy with things. I forgot to thank the Nelsons for coming out to cheer me on too. As I was at the half way point I realised that I needed to up the effort levels and ignore the pain a bit more. I was so close to the hour point at half way so I wanted to give myself a better chance of making it. Favouring other leg distracting myself and creating some banter with other runners helped a bit. As I got to the 10 mile mark I weighed up pain versus pace needed to make the grade and did some maths courtesy of what my watch was telling me. I then tried to keep my watch telling me I was running at 6.5mph but failed to do so. The inevitable finish line adrenaline kicked in for a bit of a sprint then I stopped dead the other side of the finish line as there was a large queue for the goody bags and drinks! I cramped up and hopped around, stretched and got cold till I received my medal, Tshirt and odd selection of freeby snacks etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment