Sunday 30 March 2014

Brooklands Half.

I may have run the Brooklands Half in Jan's name. Keen not to let him down I trained hard this week and even bought new trainers. The new trainers thing is interesting, apparently my big shoes are probably the cause of the knee dramas I have been having. These ones are much more about running on toes rather than full on cushioning and heel striking.

I woke and walk jog stretched my way to brooklands, paraded up and down a bit then took my place in the line up to start at 0800. Jan had set me the challenge of under two hours and I was quietly confident that Id not only find that easy but cruise in close to the 1:50 mark.

My warm up hadn't felt great but I assumed that was due to still waking up and any residual nerves. i don't know what happened but my legs weren't up for it and I had to struggle through. A crampy calf and tired everything was not my friend and I finished in 2:01.

Grrr. I'll run the course next week and prove that I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. Still a god effort! and some more miles under your belt... a colleague of mine did it in 1:17!! so officially took away my title of fastest man in brooklands for a half... I shall be back!... and you shall run the next half in under 1:45! (get some proper speed work under your belt once a week :)...

    ReplyDelete