Tuesday 4 March 2014

Witty title

This fine morning I had fully intended to go for a jolly hard pool bashing session but realised as i was looking to leave that by the time i had got there and factored in getting back again then preparing for work i would have had about minus half an hour in the pool. Instead i went for a run then undertook some exercises in the comfort of my own living room. I didn't reach that decision to get out the front door easily though. I had resolved to just spend a bit of time reading then get stuck into a liesurely breakfast but i told myself that im not that guy. I'm the chap who people tell they're inspired by. I'm the one folks know pushes himself hard,. I'm the one that many call nuts. I'm the one who has an Ironman to complete this year and it is going to hurt. It's going to hurt anyway but I want it to hurt with me knowing that I worked hard for it, had a target and didn't just rock up in the vague hope of getting round and associated bragging rights. I'll probably brag still but at least there will be some justification.

I got out of the front door and headed for a canal loop which i haven't been able to run for a while due to the flooding. It was horrid. There are some days where it feels like the legs just pump themselves then days like today on which the brain has to do all the work in persuading the organs to man up and the legs that actually they aren't going to fall off. It was not a PB run at all but I'm very glad i went out as i was enjoying the sunshine and saying hello to other runners. As i type that i can almost hear my Slovak chum telling me that if i have the energy to say hello then I'm not training hard enough. Cant argue really, it was pretty poor. The funny thing was that when i got home and had stretched I undertook some balancing exercises and core stuff and felt really energised. Perhaps it was my legs that needed a morning off. Sit ups felt like i could conti ue forever till i realised it was rapidly approaching shower time. Just switched to new phone on which i cant find blog app yet so limited to laptop. Now on phone trying accessing blogspot through explorer and its working Ok but not as easy as it should be as it isn't designed for this i don't think. Not going to even proof read today.

many thanks to those who have started the ball rolling with fundraising. James B, anonymous, Vanessa and great uncle P you are all thoroughly decent people. Very much appreciate the comments on blog and verbal encouragement too. Using virgin giving rather than just giving as they take less of a cut from the charity. Need to push fundraising more so standby.

just noticed that I have someone reading in Ukraine. Hope you aren't too smothered in Russians. Unless you like that in which case i hope you are. More of the Russians surrounding the military bases should be Cossack dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment