Friday 14 February 2014

The cost of training

I have just been looking at some half marathons to enter locally and £40 seems to be the cost of entry for all them, Brooklands, Surrey, etc are as much as some Olympic tris and the marathon I ran. Maybe running in the fair surrounds of this beautiful county cost more but I feel a bit agreived that just running for a sustained period of time should cost that much. The goody bag at the end must be bloody good.

Entering that sort of thing is fun and good for training as it gives a weypoint for training and marker for improvement but I just can't afford to be throwing money at those mere blips of a run. Chums, I call upon you to run with me, I shall text Dan right now to book a long run with him and Chris to reengage him with a) this blog and b) my lunchtime runs.

I went to see my osteopath first thing today. My back feels amazing, my hamstrings feel good (after having to man up to some pain at points that I wouldn't admit to Suzanne during the appointment) and I picked up some tips for how to improve my stretches. I already have the next appointment booked in. Looking after my back is to be a big point in my training for this epic undertaking. I also saw a consultant today who after 20 seconds of looking in my mouth agreed that my wisdom teeth should be extracted soon. Less weight to carry on the race at least...

1 comment:

  1. If I could run more than a mile I would happily run with you. I cannot however, nor do I see the need to. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete