Wednesday 19 February 2014

Hunger games

Yesterday I went on an awkward run with Chris. Not socially awkward (we discussed films, world politics, baby names, table tennis, squash and triathlon) but physically. More chaffing, more miles in the legs though  so glad I went.


Overnight I awoke at least 5 times extremely thirsty, I got through 2 pints (of water) and still needed more. I'm getting bored of drinking the amount of water I chuck over and through myself so picked up some low vol beers. I should drop some coffee intake possibly though that is already down from pre Christmas levels. Another problem is my hunger. I feel like I need to be constantly grazing as I'm always feeling hungry, I wonder if it is actually thirsty but I cant drink much more. By the time I got home my stomach was pretty pissed off with me for not eating since a snack at 4PM. Will I get used to it? I'm eating less\better and doing more but it's pretty ridiculous this unbalanced thirst and hunger thang.

Today I awoke pre 6 to get to the pool for my swim, the road closed sign to get to Staines-under-Thames via Thorpe Park was gone so I zipped along there till I realised it was still closed so I had to do an about turn and head back round via Pooley Green again.

In the pool I woke up during a 500m warm up, stretched (apparently I should be doing more dynamic stretches but I don’t know what they are), then ploughed the fast lane for 2km. I wasn’t going to do 2k straight up but I felt good going at an OK pace with the occasional boost as I overtook people and just enjoyed myself. Actually I say 2k, I was thinking a lot and so a few times lost track. The Hurst policy is to revert to the last known number so I did in excess of that distance. The bagel for breakfast saw me through commendably. Dan arrived and after having a chat I bimbled up and down a few hundred meters more before heading for some gratuitous shower action with the man himself. I'm feeling positive after that swim, I enjoyed it, pushed myself and left the pool feeling like I could have continued on much longer. My new goggles are working well and so is the pro glide anti chaffing stuff for armpits you'll be pleased to hear.

I was going to go for a run at lunch but between wanting to leave the office on time, having forgotten my socks and watch, delaying myself with some work and feeling the burn still, it didn’t happen. Naughty Hurst.

No comments:

Post a Comment