Thursday 3 July 2014

Choppy

Post merman I went for a swim when the sea state wasn't quite so calm. It wasn't terrible but was enough to mean that I could only breathe on one side, had trouble sighting when in a trough and occasionally got thrown around a bit. Despite that I ploughed up and down for just over half an hour whilst the family watched or went to the park. That reminds me of a Livy quote: “It is pleasant, when the sea is high and the winds are dashing the waves about, to watch from the shores the struggles of another.”

I was certainly struggling solo in the water without a boat and about the top of my comfort zone for swimming without having someone else in or on the water in case things went wrong. The difference conditions made to my swim was staggering, I had to work hard to fight tide and waves meaning actuall progress was reduced significantly. I can comfort myself with the knowledge that although I found it harder, if it is like that on triathlon day, every other competitor will be feeling the same. 

Have you donated yet? Donate a pound or two now to acknowledge me putting my neck on the line (and potential of incurring mother and wif'e's wrath if I killed myself) for the sake of honing my body to further perfection.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment