Saturday 12 July 2014

Donations

So putting myself throuugh months of pain and sleep deprivation in order to put my body through the mill that is an Ironman didn't invoke much in the way of sponsorship. I threaten to wax myself and suddenly Virgingiving's servers are struggling.

My hearty thanks to those who have donated recently. This morning when the alarm first went off at 0500 I almost jacked the idea of a swim. Instead, knowing of my donor base I gave myself an extra half hour asleep before heading out. I completed 3 kilometers in about 55minutes, possibly a bit less allowing for time in which a nice guy had to come and help dress me because my wetsuit was on wrong. Must be all the muscle. Must be. I finished the swim and would have done another lap as I still felt strong, was overtaking people which is always fun and it was a gorgeous morning to be in the lake. The call of breakfast and an expectant family drove me ashore however and I stuck to the game plan. Towards the end I wondered if I would be happy to get on a bike at that point and cycle 112 miles. To be honest, I think I would. Could I then have run a marathon after that? Hmmm. Maybe. Probably would have stumbled round.

So the moral of the story is that money makes me work harder so keep it coming people. My gratitude has driven me to name and shame today's donors:

No comments:

Post a Comment