Thursday 31 July 2014

The price


I fancied wine tonight. Red wine. Lots of it. A little voice in my head reminded me that i have a five oclock alarm followed by 15+ mile run to get to work and a ride home tomorrow. Most of my weekend is booked for beasting. I love the feeling of seeing the world wake up around ne as i drop into Windsor from the great park in knowledge I've put in a good run. I love the feeling of having something left in my legs after a hill to attack the summit before descent on a bike and i love open water swimming on a sunny morning.  What a tough course I've set myself on and IM athletes live though. Crossing that finishing line is not about however many hours on the day its about many many more hours of lost sleep, missed family time and times where that red wine had to stay on the shop shelf. I guess that's recognised in someone who has completed the event which is why others may hold their manhood cheap that they could not say they were there. The more you sweat in practice the less you bleed in battle. When I'm on that start line I'll know every time I shirked effort or opportunity for training and will regret my poor diet. I'll be glad of every 0500 start and every day I've spent in crumpled clothes in the office as I've carried them in rucksack. I'm actually looking forward to my run tomorrow now, better get some kip.


































      





















































































































Blogger options































Graph of Blogger page views











 
 
 
 
 






































Send feedback



Loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment