Sunday 13 July 2014

Well that escalated quickly

It was your donations that again drove me out of bed and into the beast this morning. I must admit to having attacked a bottle of champagne last night so I wasn't feeling brilliant at 0500. Nor at 0530 when I pushed off on my bike as the heavens opened and instead of the usual beam of brilliant sunlight that descends upon me I was visited by my own personal douse of what Bill Bailey would call the water based punishment of the Lord. I waddled off on a slightly circuitous route to Heron Lake where I completed a couple of km before heading home. It was all steady work 20min kms on the swim 18mph on the bike (I dont know why I switch units, sorry), 'fat burning' one could call it, others might call it a gentle increase in brick training, the more astute might call it hungover and not well fuelled. Potatoe Pothole.

The weekend has been good for donations, thank you. It seems I should have made the waxing bar a little higher. Chums, colleagues, family and acquaintences have stepped up though and Andy Mac had the honour of making the coup de grĂ¢ce in tipping me up to £500.01. Trust an engineer. http://www.dilbert.com/2014-07-12/

My sincerest thanks to

No comments:

Post a Comment