Tuesday 29 July 2014

Yoga

My weekend i spent more devoted to volunteering than i did to beasting though it was fairly active. Yesterday eve was then all about ATC so tonight was catching up on weekend jobs. I've been really and unusually tired and grumpy and mouth still feels like I've been punched after the wisdom teeth extraction. After mowing lawns, cutting wysteria and finding some cool frogs Nicky and I took the rather formidable decision of attacking some yoga. Not knowing the sequence is a bit of a challenge and the simplest routine quickly escalates into a contortion of confusion whilst trying to watch and obey even where those are mutually exclusive. "Now if you can't get your head to the floor, don't worry." he calmly tells me as my hamstrings scream that if i want even my hands to touch the floor i should start stretching more before and after cycling. Lying on the floor having fallen from a position in laughter whilst watching someone else effortlessly adopt it is good training right? If so I'm a pro now and will skip to advance bit immediately next time around.
I forgot to mention that I had a bit of a sad on at the weekend. Having been allocated some time in which to get a fairly good cycle in I suddenly noticed just how much punishment my bike has received in the last couple of months. A broken spoke drew my attention to many other wobbly ones, i noticed break pads are dead (i think they are original ones i got with bike) wheels were offset for some reason, gears weren't indexed... The list goes on. I got it to a state on which i could at least do a few miles and my pump broke. That made me really angry as i knew i shouldnt have bought a cheapy one.My ever generous hero has stepped up and offered my a full bike service so i drop it off with him tomorrow and he will even lend me his bike so i have no excuse but to keep training.


No comments:

Post a Comment