Monday 21 July 2014

Agony

Well that was an exciting weekend. I tried to blog about it but some WW1 sensors came round and blacked it all out so if your a close friend I'll tell you all about my reaching new lows of indignity. To clarify, that is before I have been waxed. Life got put on hold a bit whilst I was ill.

Worst bit of it all was that I couldn't go and support Dan who completed Ironman UK this weekend. I can't fault his guts, ability to stick to a pace\gameplan and dedication to a season of many short distance and one long distance races, thoroughly deserving. My turn through the grinder next. I had hoped to use it as an opportunity (whilst waiting for Dan) to snoop around the stands at the trade show and get a feel for the atmosphere and as many tips as I could, particularly around fuelling. On the night I was due to go up I just had to sleep but set my alarm (much to N's dismay) every hour to see if I was in a state to depart. I once made an aborted messy attempt at about 0400 by which time Dan was getting up anyway. Good job old boy so sorry I couldn't be there to cheer.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers dude, missed you on the course but with your most excellent reporting you made a good support crewman

    ReplyDelete