Sunday 22 June 2014

Merman

Congratulations to Dan for an outstanding effort in yet another triathlon today, first in age group and a T2 transition of 20something seconds. I can't get a shoe on in 20 seconds.

For ironman i wont be rushing transition, in T1 for instance, tying a cravat incorrectly can cost valuable time later when being looked at funny by people receiving your card and delaying entry. As for personal grooming... Let us just agree that no amount of impending running from T2 is going to make me pay less attention to hiding the outgoing tide that is my hair line.
I had a good swim this morning. We have descended en mass to my parents house for a week and today we were all on the beach by 830 for daddy to swim and everyone else to make sandcastles etc. I swam for 20 minutes along the coast then turned around and swam back. Actually that's a bit of a lie, i swam for 19 minutes and got caught up in some sea weed and after some floundering thought bugger it and turned around. I swam back till i got to the end of Paignton Pier, turned 90 degrees to face the shore and swam as hard as i could.

Recently arrived beach dwellers saw what must have looked like a bellowing red headed seal charge the shoreline and pound up towards a family. No one got the shot gun out though. Shows we're not in Surrey. It was about 2k in under 40 minutes, my watch isn't too accurate and i took my time. The sea was beautiful though, i could see lots of crabs on the bottom even quite far out (thanks to my new prescription goggles) and waves were gentle. To be honest i regretted the wetsuit. My autospellcheck thing just tried to tell me that wetsuit should be spelt wetshit... Hmm.

An afternoon lunching with uncle P(thank you for donation) in Dartmouth with Dad and catching some crabs with Catherine made for a very jolly day.

Out.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha cheers, I must remember the cravat at Portsmouth next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught some crabs once. I suspect the context may be different.

    ReplyDelete