Monday 16 June 2014

Riding High

My ride home tonight was fantastic other than traffic. I wish my watch had a setting to nullify traffic impact and show comparable ride on closed roads. No i don't, i wish traffic wasn't such a problem. Very frustrating when I'm trying to set land speed records. I did a sneaky rep of hill up past Beaumont stables (fond memories of horse riding hijinks from there). Came down a windy 13% decline hill as need the practice. Overall it was one of those rides on which i felt the wind whistling in my tri bars and legs felt like steam engine pistons. Looking forward to telling you about a couple of rides i have coming up. Also i bought a cycling magazine in hospital last week and applied a couple of tips to my ride today around efficiency. Getting back up to speed after a stop and putting effort in up hills were main two. Something else i need to get more practiced at is drinking on the go. A tip I read is to set watch to beep every 15 mins on bike and take a sip. I'm going now as knackered. Nit a very creative one tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment