Tuesday 3 June 2014

Dear Diary

Thank you to Alex W for the donation!

My wife made a very funny joke last night. I told her I had gotten competitive cycling against a van with a bike on it. She said that the van had raced a Van on a bike.

My middle name is Van.

Actually it was very quick witted and I love her very much.

The last two days I have cycled into the office without having first eaten or drunk (not even coffee!). It was fine and I took a more hilly route each time. Didn't over eat afterwards either and its apparently good for fat burning.

She has launched a cake competition! Talking of food and N, she has launched a cake competition!

"After a training break for glandular fever and new baby, I'm back to being a triathlon widow - please make all of this time without Geoff worthwhile by donating as generously as you can to his Ironman fund.

Last time he did a big race he offered various incentives to donors, so I'll start the ball rolling by offering a large chocolate cake to the person who accompanies their donation with the most inspiring and motivating quote by this time next week.

And on a more serious note, Macmillan are an amazing charity and really well deserving of a few of your hard-earned pounds.

(Dan I realise you didn't receive your cake in the end, because I hadn't a clue what kind you meant from your description! If you're happy to settle for just a nice cake I'll get right on it!)

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GeoffHurst"

No comments:

Post a Comment