Thursday 5 June 2014

Man Down

Inexorably pavement and bike strapped man drew together as graviton exchange triumphed against will of man. A tackled player curls in on the ball, the footing lost toddler spins away from the impact, the cartoon villain frantically resists the unresistable and the balance lost horse rider switches from worry of retaining stirrups to avoiding hooves. The road bike rider twists foot free and tucks in low away from traffic. The freeing failed, the pot hole stopped forward momentum, I toppled. The mighty oak tumbled, the pillar slipped. My head rushed towards the pavement, my instinct took over and fight or flight kicked in. Terra firma and I collided.

Actually i just fell over because a car stopped and my cleat didn't come out of the pedal. Nothing hurt other than pride. White van man behind me gave me a questioning thumbs up and slightly road rashed i continued on my commute. Haven't fallen since i broke my arm when a BMW cut me up ages ago and someone decided drinking tea with sister was better than taking me to hospital.

I feel amazing today. Great family, great day at work, great job, great bike. Blah blah blah. Watching 24 season 1 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment