Monday 19 May 2014

This week I have mostly been

Cycling.

Most days I cycled for work and chucked in a ride to N's uncle's house in Sussex.

Let me total that up in my head.
Oooh, about 130 miles. Lots more hills than the common commute though I doubt as hilly as the Wales route. Not bad for commuting though.  A run and a swim on the days I didn't cycle. I'd have hoped to have got some more swimming in but it just hasnt happened. I'm looking forward to be able to get to swimming lakes early at the weekend for a bracing swim to set me up for the day. Child and wife care has been a consideration so far as well as my own energy levels. Thinking about it, that total was for last week. This week, starting today is 28 miles.

The longest ride I did was 34 miles which I did at 17.2mph including some nice hills (and finished higher than I started!) into a bit of wind. I was pleased that on arrival I was still not particularly feeling tired from it and there was no subsequent ache.

The fastest I travelled was 60kmph on my way into Windsor. It was beautiful to whizz along on roads that felt safe, werent too pot holey and if things went wrong had plenty of comfy looking grass to bail into.

Lots to talk about it but I have a short window of opportunity in which to spend some evening with my wife and more importantly watch some 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment