Friday 30 May 2014

Losing weight

I am making progress. Glandular fever expedited things from a weight loss point of view but baby hasn't helped from a sugar intake point of view... Trying to train and recover with less than an ideal amount of sleep isn't easy. I'm down to about 16.5 stone I think now and still have a belly to get rid of. I found an interesting article on twitter \220 triathlon and will try out some of the tips from that.

The whole H2only thing didn't work because a) I forgot b) am trying to use recovery drinks after longer sessions rather than snack badly and c) need coffee. Won't touch alcohol for that time though. Satisfied?

Talking about twitter, do you follow me? @Geoffbeast

Here is the article: http://www.220triathlon.com/blog/age-group-blog-shedding-the-kilos-for-windsor-tri/8699.html


"What I try to do to stimulate a fat burning session I’ll run or cycle for my commute to work several days a week and I’ll do that in a fasted state. I won’t have any coffee or food when I wake up in the morning which is only about 30-45 minutes depending on whether I cycle or run but it’s a smart way to optimise the session. If you’re commuting to work it’s not really a training session but if you are doing it fasted your insulin levels have leveled out while you were sleeping so everything should be at a base level."

No comments:

Post a Comment