Friday 4 April 2014

Bored now

0600. I'm awake, a bit hungry but not feeling headachey as I wake naturally after a restorative sleep. Hoorah! Thinks I! Lots of sleep must have cured me, I can go for a pre-family waking run, maybe come back and chuck in some sit ups etc. My peaceful inner monologue is disturbed by my bladder having a toddler tamtrum that all too soon it may display a toddler like lack of control. Ah! Just what I need to be the filip to getting up. As I swung my gloriously muscled (true story, feel them some time) legs out of bed I swiftly used the rotational momentum to propel the rest of my body to the standing. At which point I found myself in a world of dizzy and thumping head. A trip to the loo and back to bed with my proverbial tail between my legs and less inclination to beast. Just frustration. I'll try and do some bike and kit maintenance this weekend just so I'm not completely wasting it in Iron prep terms.
I'm also going to review my bike storage solutions both in terms of where bikes are kept and what I store on the bikes. There were a few bits of kit on the MountainBike leader course that i decided as essential and, thanks to Iain's patient teach, now in my ability to use. Chain tools etc. On road bike i want pouch slightly more accessible than under the frame, the triangular ppuch I currently have (bought i think for my Father's London to Brighton ride and stolen by me since) is fine for riding but could cost seconds or wobbles in a race. Also things get stuck down the bottom of it.

My nice new blue cycle shorts from N remain un tested, I need to start considering tri suits too. Green macmillan one? If you donate £1000 and pay for it I'll get a bespoke one made up with a large picture of you on it.

Talking of donating please do! Get me better through the flow of money. There are two donation sites just giving and virgin giving virgin take a minute amount less than just giving but donations to either warmly received. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment