Wednesday 4 February 2015

AAAAAARGGG!!!!!

Good news:
I have new shoes. I went for a muddy run recently and slid all over the place in my trainers so got hold of some bargain basement size 13 trail shoes. Not easy to get. Haven't run in them yet. They are red and black and rock a cool lacing system.



Bad news:
Illness son has had for a week has been added to by pneumonia, I have some sort of illness and chest bug that makes me feel like I'm moveing through treacle, breathing Victorian London smog, wearing ladies underwear and much more tired than usual. I'm reduced to being a normal person.

Good news:
My daughter is awesome. She had some jabs today. The nurse told me there are 2 types of children, those who scream and shout and resist and those who go quiet and sullenly pissed off (I misquote). C calmly took a needle in each arm and we all looked at her to see which trouser leg of type she would enter but instead she just looked back us us expectantly. "How was that?" Asks I.
"Good"
"Does it hurt?"
"It hurts a little bit, the nurse has two superman stickers on her walls"
 And that was that.
Over so quickly we snuck in a trip to generic coffee shop before heading home.
Nurse will now have to tell people there are three types of people. type 1, type 2 and new type 3: Hursts.

Bad news:
I have had no time for prep for the race on Saturday, still feel a bit rubbish, guilty (about many evenings on sofa, mornings not beasting & lunchtimes worked through) and quite sleep deprived and don't think I'm going to have much chance of last minute cramming. I'll do OK and can't wait really but won't be smashing out a PB.

I need a grown up.

No comments:

Post a Comment